Cristina loves spreading the benefits of Intentional Laughter and she does it in a very unique way. Cristina knows how to captivate an audience and her presentations and talks are fun and injected with information.
Greetings! My name is Cristina Lorefice Welcome to my LOL4HEALTH website! I guess you want to know a little about WHO I AM and WHAT I DO? If you are curious about my formal qualifications, here is a list:
I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I have a degree in Person-Centered Counselling from Middlesex University in the UK. I am trained as a Solution Focused Brief Therapist, I am a certified Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapist (MBCT) I am trained Couple Counsellor (spelled Counsellor in the USA) and I am a trained Laughter Wellness leader
But these are just qualifications.... I believe my real strength and learning come from my personal life experiences, those are my most precious degrees.
I have worked within the Mental Health and Domestic Violence field since 2006 and have helped a multitude of people with a variety of diagnoses from all walks of life. I have used the methodology of intentional laughter within my practice, my therapy groups, workshops, and Counselling sessions.
The practice of Intentional Laughter has transformed my life. Voltaire said "God is a comedian playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." It is true, we have become rigid with fear, with misery and bitterness but God, the Universe, whatsoever you believe in, wants us to be joyful and to celebrate our life on this beautiful planet Earth!
The discipline of Intentional Laughter has become my mantra and my daily companion, my answer when faced with life challenges. It alleviates the stuff that life throws at me. Life happens and we need to laugh on and see things in a more lighthearted manner. Over time practicing Intentional Laughter rewires your brain to a more positive outlook. Healing does not have to be such a serious business! Let's add sparks of fun, playfulness, laughter and giggles and let's stop taking ourselves so seriously! Holy Scriptures mention the importance of a cheerful heart in fact the Bible says that "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Laughter is indeed a great healer.
It's my passion and my inspiration to share the enormous benefits of this methodology. Because of my Laughter practice, I am a better Human Being. I created LOL4Health with the intention to keep on spreading this phenomenal, playful, simple and fun approach.
I offer a Laughter Wellness coaching program that is unlike any other one that produces lasting changes at work, for organizations, individuals, groups and couples.
LOL4HEALTH Intention is to spread healing, health and happiness through Intentional Laughter By laughing together we erase negative vibrations and recharge not only ourselves but the world around us with fresh, renewed, re-energised positive energy!
LOL 4 HEALTH is your source for wellness, stress management, and team building programs. Our customized Laughter-based programs help your company and your team achieve its full potential.
Join the LOL 4 HEALTH Community. Together we connect and heal one giggle at the time!
Harvard University has said that companies that implement laughter into their organisations, have happier staff who are more productive, have more energy, work better as a team and are more passionate about their jobs. This leads to an increase in profitability. The program has grown and developed and once learned helps individuals to deal more effectively with their stress and challenges on a day to day basis. We seem to have lost the know how of what to do when life throws its punches. These tools will help the participant develop inner strength, master their thoughts, help them to see the positive side and stay calm and focused. When you are calm and focused you are able to make the correct decisions and work more effectively instead of reaction from a fear base when positive desired outcomes can seldom be achieved.
Additionally Dr. Lee Berk and Dr. Stanley Tan at the Loma Linda University in California have researched the benefits of laughter and found amazing results. Get ready to get enormous health benefit by simply using your Laughter. LOL 4 HEALTH method uses your Laughter as a way to release stress, both physical and emotional. Just as if you were going to the gym to lift weights, in a similar manner we use Laughter as a physical exercise to gain health benefits and healing. Here is what these two doctors found out.
Health Benefits of Laughter
1. LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE People who lower their blood pressure, even those who start at normal levels, will reduce their risk of stroke and heart attack. So grab the Sunday paper, flip to the funny pages, and enjoy your laughter medicine.
2. REDUCES STRESS HORMONE LEVELS By reducing the level of stress hormones, you're simultaneously cutting the anxiety and stress that impacts your body. Additionally, the reduction of stress hormones may result in higher immune system performance. Just think: Laughing along as a co-worker tells a funny joke can relieve some of the day's stress and help you reap the health benefits of laughter.
3. WORKS YOUR ABS One of the benefits of laughter is that it can help you tone your abs. When you are laughing, the muscles in your stomach expand and contract, similar to when you intentionally exercise your abs. Meanwhile, the muscles you are not using to laugh are getting an opportunity to relax. Add laughter to your ab routine and make getting a toned tummy more enjoyable.
4. IMPROVES CARDIAC HEALTH Laughter is a great cardio workout, especially for those who are incapable of doing other physical activity due to injury or illness. It gets your heart pumping and Dr. William Fry, Standford University, says one minute of laughter is equal to 10 minutes on the rowing machine. Almost everybody notices a sense of well-being because more oxygen is taken in during laughter. Suitable for all, including people confined to a bed or a wheelchair. So, laugh your heart into health.
5. BOOSTS T-CELLS T-cells are specialized immune system cells just waiting in your body for activation. When you laugh, you activate T-cells that immediately begin to help you fight off sickness. Next time you feel a cold coming on, add chuckling to your illness prevention plan.
6. TRIGGERS THE RELEASE OF ENDORPHINS Endorphins are the body’s natural painkillers. By laughing, you can release endorphins, which can help ease chronic pain and make you feel good all over.
7. PRODUCES A GENERAL SENSE OF WELL-BEING Laughter can increase your overall sense of well-being. Doctors have found that people who have a positive outlook on life tend to fight diseases better than people who tend to be more negative. So smile, laugh, and live longer!
8. IT KEEPS YOU IN THE PRESENT MOMENT When you laugh you are focused in the present moment and your mind is not worrying about events past or future.